2019 FIDI CONFERENCE AMSTERDAM
CONFERENCE CODE OF CONDUCT
FIDI Global Alliance prides itself on having a wide and diverse membership, encompassing over 600 companies from more than 100 countries. The annual FIDI Conference is the perfect opportunity for FIDI Affiliates, sponsors and guests to meet and network in person, within a pleasant and welcoming environment.
This Conference Code of Conduct is part of FIDI Global Alliance’s commitment to promote best practices within its membership and to ensure that the FIDI Conference is an enjoyable experience for all participants. As such, it applies to all attendees, staff (internal & external), speakers, sponsors, volunteers and guests, within any location and venue where FIDI Conference activities and events are being held. FIDI Global Alliance expects you to abide by this Code of Conduct on social media (including the FIDI Conference App, Twitter, etc.) or any digital space linked to or referencing the FIDI Conference.
Please note that any private or public venues where activities take place, whether on the Conference hotel premises or off-site may have additional rules & regulations, so please review them accordingly.
- Be respectful and considerate. Respect personal space and common courtesy rules for personal interaction
- Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating message, materials or behaviour
- Dress and behave in an event and location-appropriate manner
- Respect private and public property
- Obey the rules and regulations of the venue
Our conference aims at providing an enjoyable experience for everyone. Any kind of harassment, aggression or intimidation will not be tolerated. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including business sessions, workshops, social events, the FIDI Conference App, Twitter and other online media.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualised or derogatory imagery or language for their promotional material and/or activities.
Harassment includes (without being limited to): offensive verbal comments or actions related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religion; deliberate intimidation, stalking, photographing or filming anybody without his/her consent, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Anti-Trust Guidelines At Conferences
FIDI is an organization built on the principles of trust and integrity and the highest standards of behaviour. Adherence to the rules of competition is an intrinsic part of that integrity which FIDI has as part of its aims. Accordingly, in all FIDI sessions all participants should refrain from any discussion which may provide the basis for an inference that any participant agreed to take action relating to prices, production, allocation of markets, or any other matter that would have a market effect because of a reduction in competition. Do not discuss current or future billing rates, fees, disbursement charges or other items that could be construed as “price.” Further, be very careful of discussions of past billing rates, fees or prices.
The following topics, while not the only ones, are some of the main ones, which should not be discussed at our meeting:
- Do not discuss what is a fair profit, billing rate or wage level.
- Do not discuss an increase or decrease in price, fees or wages, or disbursement charges. In this regard, remember that interest charges are considered an item of price.
- Do not discuss standardizing or stabilizing prices, fees or wages, or disbursement charges.
- Do not discuss current billing or fee procedures.
- Do not discuss the imposition of credit terms or the amount thereof.
- Do not complain to a competitor about his billing rates, fees or wages.
- Do not discuss refusing to deal with anyone because of his pricing or fees.
- Do not conduct surveys (even informally) relating to fees, wages or other economic matters without prior review by antitrust legal counsel.
The penalties for violating federal or state antitrust laws are severe. The most serious antitrust violations such as price fixing can incur criminal penalties including multi-million dollar fines and prison sentences for individuals and corporate officers who are found guilty of bid rigging, price
fixing or market allocation.
Consequences Of Inappropriate Behaviour
If asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately. FIDI Global Alliance reserves the right to sanction and/or expel any participant violating this Code of Conduct without any refund.
FIDI Global Alliance reserves the right to remove user-created services and content that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, obscenity, or profanity.
What To Do About Inappropriate Behaviour
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact any member of the FIDI staff immediately, or send an email to: Conference@fidi.org
Thank you for following this code of conduct. We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.